Monday, October 29, 2012

Lovely Lilac


I have photos of more flowers. I know there's been a lot around here lately. Sorry. No, actually I'm not. Definitely not sorry. It's spring! But about these flowers...

These are just gorgeous. Lilac. Presented to me by my lovely mother-in-law from a garden (if you could call it that) that gets no attention at all. No watering, no fertilising and only a rare pruning occurs. Oh, hang on, oops. Did you think I meant the garden belonged to her? That she doesn't water, fertilise or prune? Oh, how badly does that read? It's not my lovely mother-in-laws garden, you silly billy! She gives hers attention. Her pansies are still smiling at us every time we visit... And, she reads this very blog too! ;-)


But, how about this? These flowers from the garden where no-one goes. Phew.


Wish they came from my garden...


So I could cut them whilst barefoot and in my pajamas, bring them inside, plonk them in a (white) jug and take thousands of photos from every conceivable angle. Aaah, just lovely. Well, if they grow in a garden that no-one goes to surely I could grow them in my garden, don't you think?! I wonder how you propagate lilac... anyone know??? I might have to spend some time on google and try my hand. Am pretty sure it won't be quite as easy as this method for rosemary. BTW - seems we have some success with the rosemary, will have to update you when they have grown up a bit more, they are alive. Well, some of them are...

Happy Monday!



2 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous are these! Hope you propogate them successfully in your garden.

    PS: I'd like to invite to join the Bosisto's giveaway at my
    blog, I have 4 lavender packs up for grabs here: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/10/bosistos-lavender-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks trishie! I hope I can grow them too! Will defn have a look at your blog...R, E.

      Delete

Oh please comment! I love comments :-)