Monday, December 3, 2012

Put a spot over here, and a spot over there...


Heard that song "Put a spot over here, and a spot over there"??? We sang it to the littlest one when she had the chicken pox... so she didn't freak out with her own spotiness... poor little one, it wasn't fun. But back to today, and this post...

On Friday I needed a cloth bag for the littlest one to store some goodies in it for her. Both the other small people have a variety of bags but somehow the littlest one has missed out on having her very own bag! Poor neglected third child ;-)

So, how to 'invent' a cute bag for the girl...

Step #1:
Take a plain cloth bag...


Step #2:
Find all (pretty) colours owned of permanent markers... 
*Added bonus in this step is the justification of purchasing beautiful pastel shades! I just knew I'd use them one day!!*

 

Step #3:
Put a spot over here, and a spot over there. Put a lot of little spots everywhere! It's optional to sing the song as you spot :-) I did each colour separately, starting with half a dozen spots randomly scribbled across bag. Light pink followed by blue, followed by yellow etc etc. I figured I could always add more spots later if I didn't like the gaps...

 

Step #4:
Apply personalised monogram, if desired!


Step #5:
Fill bag with necessary paraphernalia for being the littlest one... And yes, that is a set of goggles. Very necessary apparently. We busted her reading a story with these on earlier in the morning and into the bag they went ;-) The joys of being just two!


Ah wait, this is your mother talking... Let's just take those permanent markers OFF the side of the bag! I put them on there? Yes maybe I did, just to take a photo but they are NOT a necessary tool to being two, no my young sweet they aren't! And can you just keep it in mind that the scarf you have stashed in there is actually mine. And I want it back! Clean, and in one piece. Please. Without a tantrum.


So, there it is. A lovely little bag that has caught not just the littlest one's eye. The gorgeous girl noticed and quickly asked me what the bag was for. Hmmm. Will have to remember this little crafting trick. Quick and effective, the craft version of simple yet tasty! Have you got any craft tricks like this? I'd love to hear about them...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please comment! I love comments :-)