Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Watercolour Sky


This is going to be a degenerative post ;-) Hang on for the ride! It's about how I somehow managed to take some watercolour-type photos using my phone camera...

It started innocently enough. Remember yesterday I mentioned that we'd been in Wagga Wagga taking a long weekend on the weekend just gone? Well these pics happened on the trip home.

As usual, we left later than desirable, please tell me this is normal and not just limited to us and our small people! The sun was low behind the clouds. It was grey. Though the young crops looked lovely and green. So I started trying to capture a pic of them. I always do this, even though I know it's pretty much impossible to catch shots of any decency :-)


Then the small people spotted the moon rising. They passed on their interest to me and out came the phone (with camera) again. Once again there really isn't any way to capture the scene properly when you're using a camera phone AND travelling at approximately 100km/hr. But the sky was starting to look pretty now.


Looking back in the direction of the setting sun provided some lovely moody blues...


As the sun set the blues started to dilute and the low light impact on the camera started to step up...


Hmmm. The moon looked lovely poking through the clouds. But without enough light and the travel speed means you will just have to believe me on that one ;-)

I did notice the watercolour effect that was occurring in the shots and so I kept snapping away... 


And here is where we get degenerative... the effect is compounded when the moon is just a glow behind the clouds. Suddenly though I like it :-) The moody blues and evening low light. All blurred together. If you squint you can almost see the brush strokes! 


Perhaps it's just that we suddenly have sunshine here after (it seems like) weeks of greyness! Perhaps the light has caused degeneration in my brain! I'm suddenly enjoying all sorts of things, even dodgey sky shots, because life is just more enjoyable when the sun shines!
But I do like these shots of a 'watercolour' sky... I reckon they'd be lovely on a bedroom wall; calming and soothing.


So which shot do you like best? Or do you think I've got sunstroke?! My faves (couldn't choose just one!) are the one straight above here and the one at the top of the post...

Back to the sunshine though, today is the perfect day for trying to capture the new white paint in our house and it's brightness! So, from one level of light (low!) to another, off I go...

Happy Wednesday to you :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh please comment! I love comments :-)